You have legal rights regarding your personal data.
This page provides general information about these rights. If you would like to obtain more detailed information on how to exercise your rights as a customer, job applicant or employee, or as a representative of a cooperation partner, please visit
You have the right to receive information about whether we process your personal data. If we process your personal data, you have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we have.
You can access your S-Etukortti card and co-op membership information through your S User Account. For more information on how to submit an information request, please see Would you like to know what information about you we have in our possession?Open in separate page
You have the right to demand that any incorrect personal data be corrected or any incomplete personal data be supplemented. You can correct some of the data we have about you yourself through your S User Account. If your address changes, we will obtain your new address from the Digital and Population Data Services Agency, unless you have prohibited the release of such data.
If you want to have any incorrect data corrected, please contact the data controller who uses the incorrect data. You can find contact details of S Group’s data controllers from here.Open in separate page
If the use of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For more information on the grounds for the processing of your personal data, please see the more detailed data protection information For customers, For employees or For partners.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact the data controller who uses your data on the basis of your consent. You can find contact details of S Group’s data controllers from here.
For more information on marketing and data protection, please click here.Open in separate page
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you from us in a machine-readable format and the right to transfer the data to another company if, for example, we have used your data based on your consent or an agreement and we use your data through automated processing. In practice, in the S Group this means that we will deliver the personal data you have provided to us on a USB flash drive or in another electronic format.
We will have to identify you during the transfer to ensure that we do not submit your personal data to the wrong person. The identification will be done in the manner determined by the data controller. To request the transfer of your data, please contact the data controller from whom you wish to receive your personal data. You can find contact details of S Group’s data controllers from here.Open in separate page
Data protection legislation entitles you to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data when we are using the data controller’s legitimate interest as the grounds for the processing.
The restriction of personal data means taking action to ensure that your data will not change or be deleted during the limitation period, unless you ask for other actions from us. In order to restrict the processing of your personal data,
- you must state that your personal data in our possession is incorrect – In such a case, we will restrict the processing of your personal data while we check it; or
- you must object to the deletion of your personal data even if we have processed your personal data against the law; or
- you need the data for legal reasons and want us to retain your data so that you can prepare or lodge a claim, or otherwise defend your rights – in such a case, we will not delete any of your personal data that we would otherwise delete at the end of the retention period, for example; or
- you must object to the processing of the personal data based on the data controller’s legitimate interest. In such a case, we will restrict the processing of your personal data for the time it takes to establish whether the use of your personal by the data controller is justified or not.
You also have the right to object to direct marketing or marketing profiling based on your personal data. After this, your personal data will no longer be used for direct marketing purposes.Open in separate page
If we are faced with a personal data breach, you have the right to receive information about it in case the breach might present a high risk to your rights or freedoms. This means, for example, that we must notify you about needing to change your passwords or cancel your credit card due to a data breach.
You have the right to receive information about
- what kind of a personal data breach has occurred
- what are the likely consequences of the data breach
- what we have done, or plan to do, to solve the matter and to mitigate the adverse effects
- where to seek additional information regarding the matter.
We also report any personal data breaches to the data protection authorities.
For more information on data protection in S Group, please click here.Open in separate page
Contacting the authorities
You always have the right to contact the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman if you are of the opinion that our actions are not in accordance with data protection legislation. For more information, please visit www.tietosuoja.fi.